• Transfer of property after father & mother death

Hi ,I am the only son of my parents ( No brother NO sister ) I want to know I living in a DDA Freehold flat which is in the joint name of my mother & me , we also have a Freehold builder floor in mother's individual name but my mother and father is no more know so please tell me what is the procedure to transfer the property in my name. I consult one of lawyer he said you need succession certificate for that case. 

Please advice .
Asked 7 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

3 Answers

succession certifcate is only for mobavble debts and securities

2) you need letters of adminstration from court . even withour LA you cn appaly to DDA for transfer of flat as you are the only legal; heir

3) you can apply to DDA for transfer of mother share of flat in your name .



Following documents are required to be submitted

ß Affidavit regarding survived legal heirs from the transferee on Non-judicial

stamp paper of Rs. 10/- duly attested.

ß Relinquishment Deed on Rs. 100/- non-judicial stamp paper duly registered.

ß Undertaking from the transferee on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 10/- duly


ß Indemnity Bond from the transferee on Rs. 100/- non-judicial stamp paper

duly attested

ß Death Certificate in original.

ß No Objection Certificate from the employer/Govt. loan paying agency, if

house building advance obtained.

ß Documentary evidence of relationship i.e., attested photocopy of :

ß School leaving certificate duly attested by the gazeeted officer, or

ß Passport, etc.duly attested by the gazeeted officer, and

ß Ration card duly attested by the gazeeted officer

ß For SFS flats bank guarantee duly renewed if applicable.

ß Photograph and three signatures duly attested of the transferee duly attested

by the gazeeted officer

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95197 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. succession certificate of relinquishment certificate from your mother is necessary to get registry of that property in your name.

2. you have future right [heir-apparent] in that flat but it is not enough. you have to produce above said document.

Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
5127 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. Succession Certificate is required for movable properties like Bank deposits, Mutual Fund money, shares, PF amount etc.

2. Legal heir certificate is required for inheriting immovable properties like land, building etc.

3. Collect legal heir certificate from your local Municipal Corporation Counselor for legally inheriting the said property and share of the property standing in the name of your mother individually and jointly.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
27245 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer