• Whole family being abused by daughter in law

A daughter in law is putting alligations on her deaf and dumb husband regarding his character and also on her own daughter. Does not care for her three children. Abuses her mother in law and tells false things to her husband. Polluting the environment at home which is affecting three children. Uses very high and in descent pitch to talk. What can be done against her.
Asked 7 years ago in Civil Law

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

4 Answers

who is the owner of the house where son and daughter in law is residing ?

2) if mother in law is owner of house she can ask her son and daughter in law to vacate the portion of house in her possession

3) seek injunction restraining them from disturbing her possession of house

4) husband can file for divorce on grounds of mental cruelty

5) wife abusing husband and other family members amount to mental cruelty

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95197 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Mother-in-law may file a criminal complaint against her before magistrate under section 12, 18 & 22 of Protection of Women From Domestic Violence Act-2005 and claim protection from the court along with compensation.

2. A civil Suit for Injunction can also be filed against her before civil court and claim injunction and if after granting injunction by court, she create any nuisance then contempt of court proceedings can be initiate against her before civil court.

Feel Free to Call

Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
6307 Answers
302 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. The family intervention is the only remedy as no legal intervention can solve this type of problems.

2. If the abuses of daughter in law becomes unbearable you may consider staying separately from wife.

3. Since its not a crime lodging complaints with police may not produce desired results.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
497 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The affected party can take action agaisnt her.

If her husband feels aggrieved over this and if she is not changing or not stopping her such rash and arrogant attitude, then he may decide to discard her relationship by filing a petition seeking to dissolve the marriage between them.

If she is violent and abuses physically then a criminal complaint may be given against her with the local police station.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85398 Answers
2235 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer