• Appeal

Interim maintainence was ordered by lower court in 125 case...I appealed before high court but case is still to be listed for hearing....nxt date of gvng maintaince as directed by court is 27jan...is there any way i can avoid gvng maintaince on this date??any way i can skip proceedings....
Asked 7 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Sikh

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

3 Answers

1) you have to comply with interim maintenance order passed by trial court

2) only if order is stayed or set aside by HC can you avoid paying maintenance

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95205 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can avoid paying maintenance till the revision is heard in high court.

However if your wife files execution case then you will have to make payments as in such default the court may issue warrant of arrest.

So act accordingly.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Unless there is a stay ordered by the HC the proceedings in the trial court can go unabated, but you can always tell the trial court that the order has been challenged in the HC and therefore it should adjourn the case.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer