• Consumer Dispute case


 I`m Indrajit Konar, I am from a remote village of burdwan district of West bengal state.I need some help from you regarding a matter...for a long time we are suffering from irregular electric supply and low voltages & other poor services from West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited.In this connection the voltage standard is very poor. During day time the voltage is around 100v-180v (approx.) and in evening and night time it is around 90v-150v (approx.).Sometimes the voltage goes down 90v (approx.) in the evening & night. We never receive voltage above 180v.

Finaly I lodged a complain at consumer forum for me and villagers.I am not a lawyer ,without help of any lawyer i represent the case to forum.After long argument court order for a joint inspection...during inspection WBSEDCL shown us voltage 220v by skilfully influencing the distribution network for some time...but actual fact is that we never receive voltage above 180v....please suggest some way so that i can prove that- till we receive poor voltage.

I record the voltage from the digital camera by video & picture for different time of a day..I produce the recorded cd to forum but learned forum inform me that they are unable to take the cd as they have no such infrastructure to use video recording as evidence.Forum also denied to receive Internet downloaded (Downloaded from official website of Dept of Power) ACT/Regulations of The Electricity Act & other regulations.

Actually i do not have more idea about law...But I want villagers also get proper voltage...it is also their right like urban people...but u know we are always neglected by service providers...as rural public's are not aware about their rights...they didn't have any idea about electricity act 2003,wb electricity regulatory commissions regulations.....

Please suggest some way to me.

Indrajit konar
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from burdwan, West Bengal
your complaint is of poor voltage . based on your complaint joint inspection has been carried out . the report reveals that voltage was 220v  and not 100-180 v as claimed by you .  you can rely upon independent expert opinion to show that supply was manipulated by WBSEDCL  at time of inspection .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47878 Answers
2841 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the consumer forum doesnt have the arrangement to accept the digital/video evidence, request the forum to allow inspection by an independent expert.

Also you can find all the acts and regulations with a book shop near a court, if not available immediately, the same can be arranged by the shop for you.
Setu Niket
Advocate, New Delhi
47 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

video recordings are admissible in evidence under section 65 B of evidence act . produce original video recording in court . the consumer forum has to be satisfied that it has not been tampered with . may refer it to forensic expert for his report. 

you can examine another independent expert to prove voltage fluctuations
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47878 Answers
2841 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can produce the video recording in the court and the latter may accept the same and pass a judgment founded entirely on the video recording. It is the prerogative of court to order a forensic examination of the video recording to eliminate the possibility of it being tampered.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer