• Regarding name change.


My Ranju Satish. I wanted to change my name to Vasanth ranjan Satish. I am 25 year old graduate working in MNC company. 
I use to travel abroad, so what is the impact on name change on passport, academics. 
More over what is the procedure to name change. 

Please advise in detail will be helpful.
Asked 7 years ago in Civil Law

2 answers received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

4 Answers

You can change name by publication in official gazette and 2 local newspapers supported by an affidavit

2) after change of name you have to apply for change of name in your passport and other official documents like Pan card , aadhar card etc

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95215 Answers
7611 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi you have to file a suit for change of name in the civil court and after the judgement you have to make application before the concerned authorities to change the name in the documents as directed by the court.

Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
5607 Answers
336 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

You cannot use both the names

2)once you have changed your name you can only use the new name

3) rely upon gazette notification in support of your contention that you have changed your name

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95215 Answers
7611 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

One can change name at any point of time for which he requires to make an affidavit beofre the magistrate ans then make a paper publication on that account.

However if you start using the new name then change the same in passport which takes some time.

So once the passport is changed with your new name you can travel freely with your new name.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer