• Filing a divorce

I've been married for over 5 years now (ours was a love marriage) but my husband's growing problem with alcoholism is making it difficult for me to stay under the same roof. I plan to file a divorce soon but my husband won't go for a mutual one. I would like to know how long it will take to get a divorce by contest and the money this procedure would take. 

Also, is it mandatory to stay away for 1yr before I could file for a divorce?  I would ideally like to get this over with as soon as possible. 

Archana.
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Kolkata, West Bengal
you can file for divorce now on grounds of mental cruelty  . it is only in case of divorce by mutual consent that you have to stay separate for one year . contested divorce cases take years to be decided . costs vary depending upon lawyer you engage . .
visit a family counselor . suggest to your husband that you want to save your marriage . hence convince him to visit a family counselor . since you love your husband tell him that if he dosent mend his ways you would have no option but to file for divorce or judicial separation . there are number of organisations which help alcoholics give up their dependence on drinks . encourage him to take some physical activity like swimming , going for walks or gym . you can accompany him in these activities . Exercise stimulates the release of endorphin within approximately 30 minutes from the start of activity. These endorphin tend to minimize the discomfort of exercise and are even associated with a feeling of euphoria
.your husband  wont need his daily quota of drinks if he exercises daily .
thanks for your appreciation
u may  try once more but individual must be willing for leaving otherwise all effort will go in vein. so first of all convince him to leave if he agrees by heart half of your job is done