• Divorce

My husband already married and have three children without telling me he married me after some days I came to know after that we have come to understand we're he was living with both wife's after six years all of sudden he left me and married another girl telling her that he not got married later she knows she attempted suciside now she is no more dis was two years back at that I filled dvc in the court till now waiting any suggestions will help me a lot I have two daughters but now he is living with first wife
Asked 7 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

5 Answers

1) second marriage during subsistence of earlier marriage is illegal

2) file petition fir declaration that marriage is nullify

3) seek maintenance for your self and daughters

4) file 498A case against husband for continuous acts of cruelty

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95220 Answers
7612 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. File a police complaint for bigamy which you should have done long back.

2. He will be punished with jail term for a maximum period of 10 years for committing the above offence of marrying you by concealing the fact that he was already married to another lady..

3. Actually you should have filed a petition praying for annulment of your marriage since your marriage is void at law.

4. File a maintenance petition against him claiming maintenance for you and your children.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
27245 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you can file a petition for divorce on the ground of adultery and you can also file a complaint in the jurisdictional court for bigamy.

2. You can file a petition under section 125 of the Cr.P.C for maintenance.

Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
5607 Answers
336 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1. Since you have filed DVC pursue the case to get maintenance fast.

2. You can file case u/s 498A IPC as well.

3.if he has remarried another lady even beofre divorce from you then you can file case of bigamy u/s 494 IPC as well.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22921 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

First of all you should not have continued the marriage with him when you came to know that he was already married and his wife is living.

Because your marriage with him is null and void.

You may not be entitled to any benefits that are available to legally married wife.

However at this stage you can claim maintenance for your children born through him.

In my opinion a DV case against him also may not be maintainable.

However you can consult a local lawyer and lodge a complaint with local police for filing bigamy case against him.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85420 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer