• GOP is registered in MP and Land Situated at UP

Land is situated at Lucknow , Land belongs to person residing at Amritsar , the person to whom power of attorney given is residing Noida , we have given power of attorney to Noida person , but that person registered the power of attorney at MP with another two witness and sold our Land . we want to know that we should cancel his power of attorney . Another some Lawyer told us that In UP state , the power of attorney if registered out of state and the holder want to sell the Land of UP state through the same power of attorney registered out of state , the sale deed shall not be valid . Is it true , If yse any judgement or any circular .
Asked 7 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

6 Answers

Law generally doesn't make any difference in poa executed in the same state or in other place.

Whether the same is valid or not you require declaration from court of law to make the sale null and void.

So file a civil suit for declaration to declare the sale a non est.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

A power of attorney is not compulsorily registrable unless it creates an interest in any immovable property i

2) If a power of attorney is in respect of an immovable property of value more than Rs100 it must be registered

3) in the present case since land is situated in lucknow power of attorney can be regsitered in lucknow or where the pricnipal resides ie amritsar

4) it cnanot be regsitered in MP as proeprty is not situated in MP nor is the principal or agent residing in MP

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95205 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir......

there is big confusion between different place......power of attorney ..must be register only in one state not..others.......

Best Regards


Feroz Shaikh
Advocate, Navi Mumbai
407 Answers
58 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

1. The remedy for you is to file a suit for cancellation of the sale deed as illegal in the competent civil court in Lucknow. It is the civil court alone which can cancel the sale deed.

2. Apart from the civil suit you should also file a criminal complaint against the POA holder i.e agent for offences under section 420, 406, 467 IPC.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. The POA for dealing with a property is to be registered in the state where the property is located and where the subsequent sale deed for the said property also will be registered.

2. File a declaratory suit praying the for a declaration that the said sale conducted with the POA registered in other state is invalid.

3. Meantime, file a police complaint of defrauding and cheating you and also cancel/withdraw the POA executed by you by sending the POA holder a notice and also by notifying the public in general through press release.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
27245 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The GPA can be registered in any place and it is not necessary that the GPA should be registered only in the place where the property situate or proposed to sell.

The information heard is incorrect.

If the power agent is reported to indulge in such fraudulent activities you may give a notice and cancel the power and can send a copy of this notice to the registrar too.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85404 Answers
2236 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer