• My Tenant is demanding Compensation to vacate the shop

My Tenant is Demanding huge some of money to vacate the shop , he is paying very less rent than the market Value , he is running a shop for more than 25 years , we are requesting him to evict the shop for our personal Purpose/Own Business , his agreement period is over , But now he is negotiating for Compensation which is much equal to the value of the property 
Please Advise me on how to proceed / Handle this situation
Asked 7 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

5 Answers

Dear Sir......

You can file the matter in .the court of law ...your opponent seek the time to vacate the house..and lastly by the order of court...tenant will vacate the house..

Take Care


Feroz Shaikh
Advocate, Navi Mumbai
407 Answers
58 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

1) refuse to pay any compensation

2) issue legal notice to vacate premises on ground of boanfide personal use

3) file eviction suit for removal of trespasser

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95168 Answers
7604 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

These extortion tactics are employed by most tenants. You should file a suit for eviction against him in which you can also claim mesne profits from him for overstaying.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You can file an eviction suit against him.

2. Though eviction suit will take years to be disposed off, it is he only course of action you have to deal with the matter.

3. Once you file the eviction suit, the tenant is expected to aproach you with a better settlement proposal which mat be accepted by you.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
27245 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

There is no compulsion on you to agree for his compensation demand.

You can issue a legal notice asking him to vacate the property followed by an eviction petition before the rent controller court.

You can put forth all those reasons as your pleadings in the eviction petition.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85369 Answers
2231 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer