• Rent in ap

I have independent house with ground floor and first floor in guntur city of Andhra pradesh. First floor is residential. How much portion(%) in the ground floor can be given for commercial purpose with the same residential tax.
Asked 7 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

4 Answers

1) you need to obtain shops and establishments licence for using ground floor for commercial purposes

2( if part of house is used for commercial purposes property tax assessment would be commercial

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95205 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

if the home is in a residential zoning district in which certain limited commercial uses are permitted, such as professional medical offices, then you can use the home for either purpose and "convert" it back and forth as desired.

Procure shop and establishment licence from the local municipal authority

Be clear on the purpose of the commercial activity and the area required

Commercial charges will be applicable on the property, water and electricity

These will depend on the commercial rates applicable in area, property size and the commercial activity conducted

“However, these should not be considered as blanket rulings as rules are state specific,” he says.

How much area one can use for commercial purpose depends on the state policy on this.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85404 Answers
2236 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Since this involves knowledge of local laws only an AP based lawyer can answer this.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you give your proeprty to rent then no commercial tax would be imposed provided the rent is given for residential purpose.

However if you give the same for any commercial purpose then commercial tax would be imposed. There is no percentage criteria for this.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer