• False allegations against me for cash discrepancy

I was wording in a corporate based in Assam, company has imposed an allegations for cash discrepancy on me. May be the have filed a fir for the same in the local PS. Now I have got a call from the local PS to attend there and register my statement. Prior to the the company had asked me the for the statement and that has been given couple of week back. I was suspended on Oct 16, there are other two employees also suspended for the same allegation. What should I do now ?
Asked 7 years ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

5 Answers

1) you should visit the local police station

2) obtain copy of FIR

3) deny allegations made in complaint

4) contact a local lawyer and obtain bail

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95208 Answers
7610 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Do check if the FIR is registered or not.

2. If yes then better avoid meeting the police as if your name is mentioned in the FIR you can be arrested by Police.

3. So first take anticipatory bail and then cooperate the investigation by meeting the Police.

4. Without knowing the contents in FIR I can not advise on the merit of the case.

5. If you need assistance on getting bail feel free to contact me.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Since the company has started the disciplinary proceedings against you, it would be better you challenge their alegations on the basis and advises of yor local advocate.

No doubt the lawyers are not permitted inside during the departmental enquiries.

For police inquiry you may first obtain anticipatory bail, if the charges are of non-bailable in nature and then atend the inquiry session.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85409 Answers
2237 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. It is not possible to give advise in details without knowing the complete fact of the incidence.

2. However, attend the police station and submit the same statement what you had submitted before your employer. If needed, give more explanation to improve your defense.

3. Contact a local criminal lawyer to defend yourself at the Court, in case the case turns against you.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
27245 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the FIR has been filed then apply for and obtain anticipatory bail and then contest the case on merits to prove your innocence. The prosecution has to lead evidence to prove that you have committed the offences.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer