• Land Grabbing case in Andhra Pradesh

Dear Sirs,
My Great Grand Father  property of nearly 25 acres grabbed by local Reddy communitiy in a village viz.,  Reddy Palem, in Addanki Mandalam of Prakasham Dist of Andhra Pradesh. My Great Granddfather who was  survived by two sons & daughter.  After the marriage, his two sons migrated to other district of Andhra Pradesh, and his daughter settled in the same village, she has passed away, and her sons  family leaving there.  My grand fathers, has not taken initiative, nor his sons.  Hence the local Reddy community slowly grabbed our lands, and some 5 acres, the built some christian educations institution, and the rest they are cultivating. And we belong to Schedule Caste Community. 

Since the land belongs to my great grandfather and it is almost 60 years story, we do not any documents to prove that the land belong to us. And my Great Grandfather, my Grand Fathers passed away, my uncles, uneducated, please advice us, what is the steps to be taken, and if there any possibility to get the property back. 

Can you please advice us how to get the back land. 

Asked 7 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

3 Answers

1) you have to take search of local records and obtain certified copy of documents by which your great grand father purchased the lands

2) apply for mutation of property in name of legal heirs

3) enclose great grand father , grand father death certificate

4) notice would be issued to legal heirs

5) if no objection received mutation would be done in name of legal heirs

6) file suit for eviction of trespassers

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95168 Answers
7604 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have to gather the evidence by procuring the property documents from registrar's office.

If you do not know the document number, you may get EC for the property by providing the survey numbers of the property.

From that encumbrance certificate you can find out the document numbers and it will be easy o get the copy of teh document from the registrar office and then file a suit for declaration of title on the bis of the information that you rely upon to claim ownership of the so called grabbed property which is reported to have grabbed 60 years ago.

Please make sure that this is not affected by law of adverse possession before filing a suit to declare your title.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85369 Answers
2231 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The remedy to recover a land which has been usurped is to file a suit for recovery of possession against the trespasser, but in order to succeed you have to prove the title of your great grandfather in the court. Unless you are able to prove the title of your great grandfather you cannot expect any assistance from the court. Therefore, conduct a title search in the office of sub-registrar to trace out and obtain the certified copies of the original title deed/

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer