• Construction in garden behind my house


I am staying in Boduppal Hyderabad and there is a children's park just behind my house. Now some people of of the locality had formed a committee and started constructing a committee hall.They have also been granted MP fund for this purpose.
They have not taken any permission with me as it is just adjacent to my house and they are constructing the committee hall by leaving 12 ft of land from my house.

What can I do to stop this constrction?

Manish Sharma
Asked 7 years ago in Civil Law

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

3 Answers

file RTI application as to whether plans have been sanctioned by municipal corporation

2)carrying on any construction on children park would be prohibited by muncipal corporation

3) file writ petition in HC and seek stay of construction

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95221 Answers
7612 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Are those constructing the committee hall in your place?

Is the children park belonging to you?

No doubt for making an construction in the playing park meant for the children, the proposal to construct any structure in it has to be permitted by the local civic authority, sanction also has to be accorded to it.

As a citizen having interest in th welfare of the society, you may first exhaust the remedy with the civic authority by representing the issue in the form a complaint, if they do not take any initiative to stop the illegal construction, if any, then you may plan to initiate legal action through court of law as envisaged in the law.

You can file an injunction suit provided you have any locus standi to to this.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85422 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Your permission is not required to start the construction, but if the park is for children then community hall cannot be constructed as a matter of public policy. You can file a civil suit for injunction against the society and its members to stop the construction.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer