• Survey number missing

Hi Sir, 

I have bought a site recently. The issue is that 'A ' bought few sites (1,2,3,4) from some vendor With a specific survey Number. Subsequently, A sold one of the sites '1' to 'B' without mentioning the survey number.However, there was mention of the VP Khata Number with site number as 1. Subsequently, I bought the same site with the same details without survey Number bearing VP Khata Number and site Number '1'. Additionally, when A bought sites (1,2,3,4) , the EC had that specific survey Number. However, the susequent transaction from A to B did not have the survey number in EC , rather it just had the VP Khata Number with site Number. The details were carried with my transaction as well in EC having the VP kata and site Number 1. Would it have any legal complications in future as I am planning to construct house. How can i remedy this if any legal complication arise. I want to resolve this. Please suggest me
Asked 7 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

3 Answers

1. Get the Rectification Deed executed by the Seller 'A' who sold the property to 'B' by incorporating the correct Survey Number.

2. By getting the registered Rectification Deed your problem will be resolved.

Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
5182 Answers
316 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Firstly you identify your property, secure it by fencing it all over by barbed wire fencing, sub divide the property in your name, apply for khatha and transfer of revenue records in your name.

If there is a problem regarding the survey number, you may note the actual survey number pertaining to your property and try to get a rectification deed executed and registered by endorsing the correct survey number pertaining to your property which shall be more than sufficient for any problem that may arise later on.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85404 Answers
2236 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

deed of rectification has to be executed by A in favour of B to mention the survey number

2) B can then execute deed of rectification in your favour mentioning survey number

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95205 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer