• Jurisdiction separation from my wife

Me and my wife both are divorcee, living in Delhi seperate from parents. Myself is 36 and my wife is 37 of age. We dont have any baby. She is having some severe TB and thyroid due to which she can't conceive baby now. i am also having some infertility problem. 

I told her several times that if we can't conceive baby we can go and adopt a child. She is neither ready to conceive a baby nor want to adopt a child.

I love child. I am ready to adopt a child as i am the only son of my parent. Now i am in a mental tension. I have told her several times. I don't know what she wants.

Kindly help me what to do. Either she conceive baby or adopt a child or give me jurisdiction separation.
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from delhi, Delhi
Without the consent of your wife you cannot adopt a child. Ask her clearly what she wants. You have to choose between your wife and adopting a  child. If you choose the latter, and your wife does not agree to adoption then you may in your wisdom and discretion apply for divorce.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

is your wife working ? she may be apprehnsive about having to stay at home if you adopt a child . she may not want to jeporadise her career at this stage . talk to her as to why she dosent want to adopt a child . assure her that you will also devote time and attention to the chil;d and not saddle her with entire responsibility of the child . 

talk to her parents too . even without a child you can lead a happy life . number of families dont have a child these days . you have to choose between your wife and child . 
if wife is adamant and refuses to listen to you then divorce would be only solution as you need your wife consent to adopt  a child .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45648 Answers
2683 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer