CrPC 25: Section 25 of the Criminal Procedure Code
Assistant Public Prosecutors
- The State Government shall appoint in every district one or more Assistant public Prosecutors for conducting prosecutions in the Courts of Magistrates.
1A. The Central Government may appoint one or more Assistant Public Prosecutors for the purpose of conducting any case or class of cases in the Courts of Magistrates.
- Save as otherwise provided in Sub-Section (3), no police officer shall be eligible to be appointed as an Assistant Public Prosecutor.
- Where no Assistant Public Prosecutor is available for the purposes of any particular case, the District Magistrate may appoint any other person to be the Assistant Public Prosecutor in charge of that case;
Provided that a police officer shall not be so appointed—
- if he has taken any part in the investigation into the offence with respect to which the accused is being prosecuted; or
- if he is below the rank of Inspector.
Copyright © 2013-2015 Kaanoon Corporation