• Suggestion for acquiring license for unisex parlor

I am opening a unisex parlor in partnership in Bangalore. Seeking advice on how to acquire license for the same.

The documents that will be needed and an approx time it will take for the procedure to be completed.
Asked 1 year ago in Business Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
1. You shall have to apply for trade license and permission for running an unisex parlour from your local municipal Corporation who will decide whether they willl allow you to run the said Unisex parlour or not.

2. Once permission is granted, you can complete the other formalities like opening bank account, license from labour department, sale tax registration etc.

3. File the application before the Corporation and follow up vigorously for the trade license.

4. It may take 1 to 3 months  to get the license in normal course.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18818 Answers
454 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) get partnership deed drafted by lawyer 

2) partnership firm should be registered with registrar of firms 

3) obtain licence under shops and establishments act of yiur state 

4) you can operate as a franchisee of a large beauty parlour chain. Since, the beauty parlour would be setup as a franchisee, the franchisor would provide support for setting up of the beauty parlour, operations, staff training, branding, advertising, etc
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46916 Answers
2775 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Te License differs from state to state.
You need VAT and Sales tax registration.
Trade License and license under Shop and Establishment Act is also required.
On these basis you can start your business.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13197 Answers
175 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can approach the Bangalore city corporation office with an application seeking trade licence to  set up a parlor under shops and establishment act or any other law in vogue, obtain permission by complying with necessary formalities that are to be observed.

It can be opened as  partnership firm too. 

The VAT and other tax registrations for the purpose may also be done as per law. 

It depends on how you follow it up with the authorities for the speedy disposal of your permission for licence to run the proposed business. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
37112 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer