• Open land bought .. not entered in Pahani

I had purchased 1 acre land in 1993 from a known person. It has been registered ( I can see Non Encumbrance to date in Registration deptt website ). 

Seller has died recently.

Now when I tried to sell the land buyers are asking for Pahani and Pattabook.

At the time of purchase  I was not aware of requirement so I did not get it recorded in Land Records Pahani.

What can I do? or should I forget about the land?
Asked 23 days ago in Property Law from Hyderabad, Telangana
Pahani/Adangal is a revenue record. Each survey number of land will be maintained in pahani.

2) pahani would be reflecting name of seller . you can now on basis of regd sale apply for entering your name in record 

3) approach the Revenue Department with the required document to incorporate your  names. you  can request for the same at the PAHANI CENTRE and collect the acknowledgement.

4) if you apply  change of Ownership in revenue records  to the Revenue Department, before accepting as it is, department serves the notice to the interested parties and puts in the CHAVADI. If anybody feels it is illegal transaction or feels his rights on the land is in trouble, he can raise the Objection. He has to give a written Objection within 30 days from notice served date to Village Accountant / Revenue Inspector / Taluk Office."

5) if no objections are received your name would be entered in the records 
You are lawful owner of this land and there is nothing to worry about this.
Check whether your seller has got such Pahani with him or not. if yes then you can show this to the buyer.
If not then you can apply for the same in your own name.
Such record does not mean absolute title.It is prima facie proof of title and the absence of it does not cause any difficult in enjoying or selling it.
It is mutation of property in your name 

2) you don't need to engage a lawyer 
The pahani or patta could have been obtained at the time of purchase itself,

However you can apply for that even now by submitting an application for mutation of revenue records on your name based on the registered sale deed in yor favor. 

If the vendor has died you may implead the legal heirs of the vendor as necessary party to the application in case the revenue department insists on this.
Can this ( Is it same as Mutation? ..  In Telengana on line services mention this task ) be done by me or is it to be done through a lawyer?

This is called as mutation of revenue records.  
You can get the job completed by your own efforts, you need not take the help of any advocate for this.