Defaming me purposefully and causing distress by landlord
I stay in Bangalore/Bengaluru in a 2 BHK house from past 18months, i came to know through this website tenants are facing problems like me all over the country, hence i thought of asking advice by you people as well i would like to intimate the country people to to be aware about bad landlords.
01. I am paying rent through cash but deposited in to our landlords account
02. Water charges also deposited into the same account along with the rent
03. Electricity directly to electricity board
everything on time. but the problem is :
- My landlord is charging me for water what ever they feel like they are not giving us/showing us the bill.
- We are charged extra electricity bill for water pump.
- Apart from that their house and water pump is been connected to my electricity meter.
when they were out of town i came to know that and asked about it. and they told me to deduct the amount but if my bill was 500/- per month they ask me to deduct 100/- per month. apart from that i am giving them 100/- every month extra. I came to know that their house [ground floor] is cross connected to my metre. the fight stated here i have recorded this as audio.
They say we are owners we can do waht ever we want...?
When i asked about to change the meter owner harrssed me stating that if i remove from your meter
you will not get the water is that ok [for entire 2 floor building same tank if i dont get the water nobody gets it].
later they asked us to vacte forcefully, later they came and gave Dhamki stating that if you dont vacate we will remove and throw you house holdings out side and send you out. my mother is not knowledgeable she is worried about our respect.
later on day we heard that next door lady telling them do not leave any evidence with him we will make him as rowdy and send him we should safe. so that lady educating and them made a team and oner day they called me on the road started fightig with me saying that i have paid an advance to them you have to vacate [we are already vacating but these people forcing everyday]. i told her if you have paid the advance to her you have to talk to them i dont know you and they are the owners you have to contact them. i front of every one on the road next door lady satarted shouting that they are senior citizens you have come to take over the house, and you have niot paid the rent, bills etc. but now rent is adjusted against the advance and we have paid the bills which she does not know. she started defaming me. and they have raised complaint aganist me. but i have all the audio recordings with me. which they are not aware. eeven at police station we have told them the truth and policemen blasted them and sent.
- In this case they have not handed over the agreement, even though i have asked several times.
- Even though we are vacating without causing any problems to them.
- They are trying to make my family background bad.
can i claim any damages from this case. if yes to what extent, i have seen the haouse, i am vacting and do i have stay here, or can i fight from other house with out handing over thekeys.
Thanks & Regards
Asked 1 year ago in Civil Law from Bengaluru, Karnataka
1) vacate the house and move on in life
2) litigation is long drawn and expensive proposition
3) you can file suit for damages but it would take 20 years to be disposed of
4) even if you file police complaint of criminal defamation under section 500 of IPC it would take years to be disposed of
1. For this event only you can not claim any damages.
2. However if you want you can refuse to vacate the proeprty just now so the landlord is forced to file eviction suit which would cause considerable harassment and expenses to evict you through court of law.
3. However if they have abused you publicly you can file case of defamation against them.
4. inform the police anyway about all these incidents.
There are two options before you.
First one is to send a legal defamation notice to them and seek compensation for their act of defaming yo with their unruly behavior and also obtain an injunction agaisnt them from forcible vacating you other than following the due process of law.
Second option is to amicably settle the issues, take your advance back and relocate to some other place and start tension free life once again.
The ball is in your court, you can decide based on the gravity of insults you have suffered and the frustrations you were made to face.
After your advice i have decided to go without any hassle, since i did not wanted to get in to any court case, but my landlord framed me & made all the arrangements not pay my advance and sending me out taging me as a rowdy, since i have paid all the amount and charges without any fail. To prove to their neighbors they are good people and i am bad.
By that time my grand mother who was 98 years expired & this was first death in my family, we could not know how to handle it, due to this shifting delayed. apart from this during my grand mothers monthly "kriya" my father hospitalised for his urinal problems for which he got operated and he was diagnosed as cancer patient. even after knowing this my landlord his wife and one more lady who has links with stree shakthi association etc. forced me to go, landlord wife came and gave "dhamki" saying that if we do not vacate they bring goondas & through my house things out. anyway i was vacating i did not wanted to go with dispute, i have proceeded legally.
I came to know about this & sent a legal notice through lawyer, for that also they resent me the notice in a bad shape. After reading their reply i have filed an OS case & i made a small house for my parents & i stayed there. but they cut the electricity and water. hence i was staying with my parents in a small house. later i came to know that they do not pay my advance. i have filed an OS case, but they did not reply to that they filed another Small court case against me & sent a notice to my house & tried to make experte, but gods grace before 1month of experte i came to know about that & replied to the honorable court.
Before i was about appear to this case i went to bring some important items from my old house & i took the items & was coming out of my house as they told before, they called around 20 people in leadership of this another lady & hit me & forcefully took the key and opened & through all my items out of my home. FIR filed.
Asked 1 month ago
since you have already taken legal proceedings wait for disposal of your case
2) if you have been assaulted by by mob of 20 person file police complaint against them
3) if you have already filed FIR wait for police investigations to be completed and charge sheet filed
If they are taking laws into their own hands, the remedy is through police.
Since you have already registered a FIR, you may follow up the matter.
What case have they filed against you in the small causes court?
What is the suit you have filed against them, is it money recovery suit?