• Recovery of debts from a listed company

I have rendered services to a listed corporate company based out of bangalore. I have the work orders and advance recd. its been 6 months they have been just refusing to pay. 

Reasons given :

"we have acute financial crunch" , "New ppl in Finance office", "we had not budgeted this expense", " It will happen in few days can't commit"
Asked 11 months ago in Civil Law from Pune, Maharashtra, Maharashtra
1) file summary suit under order XXXVII to recover the outstanding dues with interest in Pune 

2) in alternative issue winding up notice and file winding up petition where company regd office is situated to recover your dues 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
36579 Answers
2039 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Send them a legal notice asking for payment in a time frame.
2. If they fail you can adopt three fold legal recourse-
I. Lodge complaints with police to start case of cheating and criminal breach of trust,
Ii. File civil suit for recovery of money.
Iii. File winding up petition in high court.
Best of luck.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
9991 Answers
119 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can first issue a legal notice based o the evidences in your possession for the dues to be received from them.

Subsequently you can drag that company to consumer forum or file a money recovery suit through civil court.

You can claim compensation for the mental agony as well through consumer forum besides the amount due to you.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
26545 Answers
270 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer