• Witness a document with wrong name

A person asked me to witness one of the documents in some other name apart from my original name. Please explain me the legality.
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Chaibasa, Jharkhand
it is better you avoid it. it is a simple morality than legality that needs to play vital role. avoid encouraging such acts.
Ananth Kumar
Advocate, Bangalore
122 Answers
61 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

you can act as attesting witness if you are signing in your original name . these days for attestation purposes also your PAN card details and photo are affixed on registered .documents . don't act as witness in some other name . if fraud comes to light you can land into big trouble
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45663 Answers
2684 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer