• A.M.E. College forced and took a post-dated cheque from me

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am working in  . I have appeared for PGCET 2013 (M.tech) in karnataka and got admission in an Engineering college,Bangalore. As a donation they have taken 1.50 lakhs rupees , no receipt was provided to me for this. First year fees they have mentioned as 1,50,000 and as a yearly fees i have paid 90,000 rupees and they forced me to give a post dated cheque of 60,000,which i have given them and they have said they will manage my attendance and Internal marks so that i can go for work. But due to my personal and financial reasons i have decided not to study further and informed the same to the college ,i have not written my first year first semester exams and was disqualified to pursue further .

Now suddenly they have processed my 60,000 cheque and are blackmailing me that my cheque is dishounoured and will give police complaint against me. I felt so inhuman, and these college people are calling and messaging me that they would give police complaint.against me.

Please help me what is should do.

anusha
Asked 3 years ago in Criminal Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
i can help u in this issue u can meet me
Anil Kumar
You have to approach the police station and register a complaint against the college mentioning your plight. You would have to file a private complaint to the magistrate against the college for cheating and criminal intimidation and press for recovery.
Feroz A. Shaikh
agree with Mr. Feroz
At this point if you cancel the payment it would tantamount to cheque bouncing. After stopping payment, if appropriate legal procedures and strategies are not implemented, then it might not auger well for you.

However, filing a private complaint would be the best option to recover the money. Please note, prior to filing a complaint, issue a notice for cheating against the college designate through an advocate seeking refund or in its absence filing for a case within a stipulated time period.
Feroz A. Shaikh