• Private forest land reservation

Recently, in an appeal filed by Godrej Properties and others, the Supreme Court, has decided that mere announcement by the Government in this regard without the necessary process of notification, issue of show cause notice to the property owner etc. a piece of land cannot be declared "private forest land".

I bought some land in Maharashtra in 1990 when the 7/12 document which was issued in my name did not mention any such reservation. However, in 2005, the Govt. issued a notification declaring that the land was under "Forest" reservation under Section 35(3) of the Indian Forest Act.

Will the decision about Godrej property act as a "class action" decision in my case too?

If not, will  I too have to file a case against the Govt of Maharashtra?

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/real-estate/sc-clears-constructions-on-mumbais-private-forest-lands-godrej-to-gain-1368051.html?utm_source=ref_article
Asked 4 years ago in Constitutional Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
you will have to file writ petition in Bombay high court . rely upon SC judgement in Godrej Properties  case that no show cause notice was issued in your case and your land was declared as forest land
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46855 Answers
2771 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer