• Passover of property from my mother

My brother claims 30% share in the house of my mother which actually should belong to me. 
At present my mother is alive and the Property Will is registered in my name. if in writing 30% is given in the share certificate of the house, what kind of problems will i face?

1. Can the house be in my name?
Can my wife inherit it 70% after me?
Will I need an NOC from my brother for selling the property or transfering to my wife?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
from facts stated by you it appears your mother is absolute owner of the house . she has made a will bequeathing 30%share in said house to you . please clarify as to what share has been bequeathed to your brother . . 

your mother can during her life time execute gift deed in your favour . on such gift deed being made you would be absolute owner of said house . the house would be transferred in your name 

A will takes effect on death of testator . if she has bequeathed 30%share to you on her death you and other legal beneficiaries under will would become owners of said house . you can transfer your share later to your wife .if house is in mumbai you may need probate of will . 

 you dont need your brother NOC for transfer of share bequeathed to you under will . contact a local lawyer .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
50719 Answers
3018 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer