• Legal documents required to purchase a plot

I want to purchase a plot near by Pune and construct a house immediately.. while purchasing a land what all the documents should i check..? I want to take the home loan also... but people are confusing me... please help me.
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Pune, Maharashtra

Thank you for your query. 

Generally while purchasing a property, you must check the entire chain of documents by which the property came in the ownership of the seller.

In case the seller is the original allottee of the plot, then you must check the lease deed, the payment receipts, allotment letter, internal office orders of the governing authority etc. The entire description of the above documents comes in the registered sale deed which you will need to execute with the seller.

So my advise is to get the entire documents checked with a local lawyer who does property work.
Additionally, the bank officials also get the documents checked with their lawyer before giving you a loan. So you may simply get a photostat copy of the documents and approach the bank where you are seeking the loan from. The Bank official will check your documents and tell you if any additional documents are required. The bank will clear your loan file only after checking the ownership documents.

Do let me know in case you require any further assistance.