• Regarding housing society

I am a bonafide member of our housing society named Govind Nagar Co-Op housing society in Bhyander, Thane, For the last 7 years there was no AGM held in the Society, plus there were lots of discrepancy in the matters of accounts and other Society Matters. In this regard me and some of other members of the Society forwarded the matter to the Registrar of Societies in Thane, who in return dismissed the then Committee and appointed an Administrator to run the business of the Society until further election is held for appoint of a New Committee.

The previous committee members had 8 members out of which 6 were of the same family or in relation, so u could understand the situation.

The Registrar of Societies had set a 22 point agenda to the previous society and asked them to clarify it including the discrepancy in the matter of Accounts.

Now suddenly some of the other members of the society who are somehow related with the members of the Previous committee is circulating a letter in the society and taking signatures saying that they want to remove the Administrator.

Please show us what we should do in order to stop this, becoz all those 22 points Agenda that the Registrar had set is still not cleared nor the Accounts for the last 7 years have been placed.

Moreover, since I am not a Maharastrian they are referring me as an "OUTSIDER".
Please sir show me the best way.

Hope to hear u soon.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Bhyander , THANE, Maharashtra
merely obtaining signatures from members  for removal of administrator wotn suffice . earlier managing committee has to explain discrepancy in accounts . you can address letter to registrar pointing out the game being played by some members who are related to members of earlier MC . you can also inform the adminstrartor appointed by registrar that till date accounts for 7 years have not been placed and that directions of Registrar are being flouted . 

you are a member of society .you have purchased the flat and as member of society you have certian rights .  merely because you are not a mahrashtrian is immtaerial .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46916 Answers
2775 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File a suit for injunction restraining those persons from carrying on any illegal acts. Alternatively you can file a writ petition before the High court seeking directions to the administrator to implement the directions of the Registrar at the earliest and also seek protection of your interest either the money or the right to have title to any plot under the membership of the society.
Sai Kiran R
Advocate, Bangalore
86 Answers
6 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

administrator will move out only after fresh elections are held to the managing committee of society .
the letter by registrar appointing administrator is self explanatory .
 the administrator shall continue until fresh elections are held to the managing committee 

 the administrator wont appoint 3 persons to run society and move out . 
if you so desire you can write to registrar / administrator seeking clarifications about rumors floating in society .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46916 Answers
2775 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Nothing more.
Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer