• Salary and service protection

Dear Sir
I am currently working as Assistant Professor in one of the Punjab Government technical institution for last 8 years. Now, i am selected through direct recruitment as Assistant Professor in Punjab Technical university, a punjab government university. I have some following queries as

1. Is there any government rule that protect my last pay
2. Is there any rule that protect my service to make me eligible for next promotion through CAS
3. If yes, kindly send a copy of the same to my mail id so i can show it to the university and protect my service and last drawn salary.
4. Am i eligible for pay protection and service protection 

Kind regards
Dr Vishal Sharma
Asked 4 months ago in Civil Law from Amritsar, Punjab
You should refer to your employment offer letter for the conditions in this regard.

Hope you taken NOC from you employer before applying for this job?

What are the rules governing the technical resignation if you were given NOC by your previous employer.

If your employer has accepted your resignation as technical resignation then you may be entitled for all benefits of past service for all purposes which would include pay protection also.

Kindly refer to your appointment letter which contains the terms & conditions including fixation of pay in present govt. service. Pay protection means protection of basic pay (pay in PB & GP) and not protection of gross salary ("Yield").

Counting of past service is sensu stricto related to the pensionary benefits and, does not always extend the benefits of protection of pay. It depends on the extant rules of the service concerned.

You may refer to  Rules of the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 in this regard. 
Sir

1) Technically you are eligible for pay protection and service protection as per UGC guidelines. 

2) However Punjab Technical university does not have a separate Pay Protection and Service protection policy unlike Punjab university. 

3) In fact Punjab University in order to attract and retain talent had introduced Pay protection and Service Protection to even professors recruited from other states/ universities and colleges. 

4) It is also a fact that Punjab civil service rules specifically offers pay protection and service protection to employees.

5) It is also a fact that UGC has issued guidelines for Service and Pay Protection, but left the decision to implement/Not to implement to Universities.

6) Though Punjab Technical University does not have  a separate Pay and service protection policy, It adapts a case by case approach towards Pay Protection and Service Protection by referring to the Audit Branch and AC(F&A)

Hence you need to apply to Punjab Technical University for pay protection and service protection. 

Hope this helps