• General power of atorney

My father has purchased a site in 1998 in Bangalore through general power of attorney, and we built a house in same place. But the site is allotted from bda to person who sold that property to my father under lease period of 10 year. now the question is lease period is completed. Now I need to register my property in my father name , they are telling that general power of attorney has no value (it is registered gpa in sub registrar office), so please bring that person who gave gpa to you, but we can't trace the party where he is living sir, what is the procedure to come out from this problem. How can I take absolute sale deed from bda?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
you have stated that BDA allotted site to seller .was the site on ownership basis or leasehold basis . ?

 please clarify . . subsequently according to you seller sold property to you on lease basis for 10 years under GPA 

.  what were the terms and conditions of lease ? did it contain a clause as to renewal of lease ? was prior permission of BDA obtained? was there any clause in agreement that required prior consent of BDA before giving premises on lease? 
if lease period has expired you dont have interest in said property . property cannot be registered in your father name . 

it is necessary to go through the various documents cited by you to advise further . . if you are unable to trace the seller engage a detective agency . contact a local lawyer .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
50783 Answers
3020 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Kindly elaborate the question
Anil Gupta
Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

u have file a suit in civil court for specific performance and get sale deed executed through court
Anil Kumar
Advocate, Bangalore
35 Answers
6 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Represent to the BDA that you are the rightful owner and seek Sale Deed from BDA. If BDA fails to issue sale deed approach a competent lawyer for legal course of action.
Sai Kiran R
Advocate, Bangalore
86 Answers
6 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

needs to look into the documents before we suggest anything to you
Ananth Kumar
Advocate, Bangalore
122 Answers
61 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer