• Tank in inam lands

1.i purchase 7 acs of land (tank)in 2010.i go through revenue records and found correct.after getting registration some other person put a case in r d o court.he is an inamdar of that land moreover he having 104 acs of land in td 1660.this tank also including in it with old s no 844 and new s no is 505/4.but patta is given to p somulu from whom i bought.rdo send an enquiry to mro(thahasildar). mro reply that this tank is private and not belongs to govt. no work was done by govt till now,and no ayukut lands are recorded in books, all cultivators said that is pvt land.no route of out flow from this tank.it is not used by public. the inamdar digging this tank for their cattle only.after transfer of this mro new mro wrote a letter to collectoor please add govt as third party in this case.please give suggestion quoating with favourable judgements for winning this case.the inam dar pay sistu in 1958 and 1959. spl thasildar issue certificate for this land to inamdar as jiroyiti mettu. it is also jiroyiti mettu in c c l a records.in fmb it is marked as tank. what steps could i take fpr this case already i paid 50 laks to formers.I CAME TO KNOW THAT ALLA TANKS BELONGS TO GOVT ACCORDING TO SEC 2 A OF INAM ABOLISH ACT 1956 IS IT RIGHT
Asked 2 years ago in Property Law from KOTHAVALASA, Andhra Pradesh
Religion: Hindu
Before purchase of land did you obtin title clearance certificate from lawyer  that tithe is clear and marketable ?

2) if tehsildar has opined that it's is Private land and there are no records of it being govt land then you should file declaratory suit that you are absolute owner of land 

3) in the alternative contact seller and seek refund of money paid by you with interest 

4) if he refuses file suit to recover your Rs 50 lakhs  with intetest 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45415 Answers
2667 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You should not be concerned about the rules in existence about the Tank landed properties.

You should concentrate on your purchase alone and rely on the registered sale deed in your favor.

You can file a mandatory injunction suit seeking direction to restrain the so called inamdar from interfering into your possession and enjoyment of the property and also on the same lines you may also seek declaration of title to the property on the basis of the registered sale deed in your favor and you may include the government revenue authorities as a party to the suit for this relief. 

You may also file an application for not to disturb your possession in the interim injunction application as an interim relief. 

Discuss with your lawyer and proceed a per per his advise on such issues involving local rules and law.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35575 Answers
385 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer