• Is only A-Katha Certification enough to buy a land or house

Hello Sir,

I am buying an A-Katha property in Muniyappa Layout which was created after year 1981, Bangalore.
Present Owner have up to date tax paid, Katha Extract, Katha Certificate, EC (30 Years) etc.
All have clear documents.
But, I am confused with the Statement in RTC or Pahani Certificate of Muniyappa which clearly mentions that from year 1980 (HUD -- MNJ - D) it is a part of BDA Aquire land (As in kannada, At ???????? Column ? . . ??.. HUD -- MNJ - D 1980???? BDA ?? ??????? ??????????). Complete Muniyappa layout has around 70 - 80 houses approximately with new buildings in & around well developed.

Sir, my concern to you is ...
1. Can I buy this property in Muniyappa Layout ?
2. Is Only A-Katha Certification from BBMP is enough to buy the property at Muniyappa Layout?
3. Can BDA Demolish and acquire this Layout in future ?
4. If I Buy What are the precaution steps to be taken care?

Hence from the Pahani Statement I am in deep confused !

Please help me in this Regards.
Asked 2 years ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Religion: Other
1) you should contain a local lawyer ask him to carry out 30 years title search before purchase of property. 

2) if property has OC issued that would imply house has been completed as per sanctioned plans 

3)you can buy property ifd title is clear and marketable 

4) apply for bank loan for purchase . let bank do due diligence 

5) if at all you buy property sale deed must contain an indemnity clause wherein seller indemnifies you against any claims if any made in respect of the property 

6) also file RTI with BDA as to whether property is proposed to be acquired by BDA 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45474 Answers
2672 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1.   What you have mentioned to be written in Kannada language is not let known here so no opinion can be rendered on that aspect.

2.  A Khatha certification alone cannot be sufficient to prove the title or all other permissions from the concerned authorities including conversion etc, you may obtain all other details including permission for DC conversion etc.

3.  Demolition cannot take place but they may levy penalty to regularise in case of any irregularity fund at a later stage.

4.  Most important is that you obtain a proper legal opinion from a well experienced lawyer by producing all the relevant documents in your possession in this regard. He will guide you about further necessary documents to be obtained or any other steps suggested to tackle any minor or major issues. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35643 Answers
386 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer