• Bangalore / Anekal property dispute

There is a Civil court notice for my Bangalore / Anekal gated community plot by a 36 yr old great grand son of original landowner (bought with his own funds as per documents), who gifted land to his son. This happened in 1970s. Now that grandson, whose mother is sister of son of the seller in 1975, is suing the seller (and subsequent property owners) as his mother didnt get parental prop rights (whose mother lost out when the gifting happened ). 

Sequence of events: A sells in 1975 gifted land. B buys that land in 1998. 2002 C buys that land along w neighbors. Sells plots : gated prop from 2006 onwards. 

1) Is there any case merit to this notice?
2) Who has to pay up?
3) Do we have to be present at court on notice date ? What if I am travelling out of country?
4) What are the legal recourses?
5) Will we loose the "under the value" property?

Please share inputs. Thanks a lot.
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Sir, what ever it may be you have to appear before the court by yours self or through advocate and contest the case...... from the above reading it is difficulty to say the merits of the case. 

Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4147 Answers
140 Consultations
4.3 on 5.0
Your quarry needs further details.If you are travelling out of country your lawyer can present on your behalf and seek for exemption of your personal appearance.
Anil Gupta
Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations
4.3 on 5.0
don't ignore the case engage an advocate he will take care of the case ur presence in court is not required from ur inputs i understand that u have a very good case
Anil Kumar
Advocate, Bangalore
35 Answers
6 Consultations
3.5 on 5.0
As per your statements, the grand son has no case. You have a good and strong case. 
You can issue Power of attorney to any of your member of the family or relatives or friend if are moving out.
To keep up your rights and  to prove the same before the court, please a competent lawyer and you will guided properly.
Sai Kiran R
Advocate, Bangalore
86 Answers
6 Consultations
4.7 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
Ask a Lawyer

Property Lawyers

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
15225 Answers
139 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
24652 Answers
1320 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
18828 Answers
472 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
12698 Answers
261 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
5822 Answers
63 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Atulay Nehra
Advocate, Noida
521 Answers
18 Consultations
4.7 on 5.0
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
2871 Answers
43 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
915 Answers
54 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
1945 Answers
19 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1323 Answers
89 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0