• Property dispute

I bought a piece of land. It has been registered but the seller had died before mutation and there are six owners of this land. Three of the owners are untraceable. What should I do for mutation and is it possible to sell this land without mutation? I need your help keenly.
Asked in Property Law from Kolkata, West Bengal
If there are six owners you must have got registration from all.Selling depends on your customer.
Anil Gupta
Delhi
Anil Gupta

First of all for mutation presence of seller is not at all required.  Secondly it is not clear to me why you purchased from one owner if there are six owners! !! Please give details kn this point  for further specific advice m
Prithwish Ganguli

presence of seller is not required . An application for mutation of the title of the property will have to be made to the City Survey and Land Records office for seeking mutation of the title of the property in the name of the purchaser. The authorised signatory has to submit the duly signed application along with the affidavit, indemnity bond and a notarised copy of the registered Sale Deed.
After the assessment of the request for mutation, the City Survey and Land Records office decides the value of the tax on the property and issues a letter of mutation in favour of the purchaser.seell the property only after mutation in your name