• Did not get my marksheet

I haven't been given my marksheet of BA final year.they r saying that your marksheet got misplaced or have been given to anybody else by mistake. at jnvu jodhpur. Can i file a case in consumer forum? As one of the officers at the university said that u r a student not a consumer.
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Jodhpur, Rajasthan
Issue legal notice to JNVu jodhpur regarding non receipt of mark sheet. If mark sheet has been misplaced they are bound to furnish you duplicate mark sheet. If no action taken you can file complaint before consumer forum for deficiency in service.
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
50780 Answers
3020 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Above answer by Mr Ajay Sethi is the appropriate course.

Anil Gupta
Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Issue a notice demanding your marks sheet enclosing the required documents such as payment receipts, hall/admission ticket, etc. If they fail to issue the marksheet, then you can file a complaint before the consumer forum. A Student is considered as consumer. Please retain the all original documents with you and provide only photocopies to the college.
Sai Kiran R
Advocate, Bangalore
86 Answers
6 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer