• Shifting of case from Jamshedpur to Greater Noida

My father has bought a flat in jamshedpur in 2009 which was not built and construction was going on. We had payed him 10 lakhs. After few months only the builder stopped the construction and  till now  we did not got the flat because its not constructed, so we filed the case against that builder in jamshedpur district court because we were staying there so we filed case there. But now as that property was on my fathers name and his posting has been shifted from jamshedpur to jogbani in bihar and he don't want to run to the court every time from there. So i am his son and i am staying in greater noida, so is there any way that the case running in jamshedpur can be shifted to greater noida and i can see all the things of case with my lawyer because my father can not handle and run to the courts, so please advice me sir.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
flat was purchased in jamshedpur . consideration paid in jamshedpur . since both parties were from jamshedpur district court in jamshedpur would have jurisdiction . since case has been filed by your father he would need to attend court for giving evidence , giving instructions to his advocate on record . you will have to move supreme court for transfer of case
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
49200 Answers
2934 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer