• Marriage acts

What if a Hindu girl gets married with a Muslim man under special marriage act in India, and is willing to remain Hindu?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Kolkata, West Bengal
Religion: Hindu
You can continue to pursue your religion. There is no compulsion under the Act for conversion. SMA is to facilitate intercaste/intercommunities marriage.

Feroz Shaikh
Advocate, Navi Mumbai
407 Answers
58 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer