• IPC applicable for misuse of public money and position

Dear Sir
What type of law and section will be applicable if a top govt official found to be using his position for benefit of some selected person in the office by misusing his power and involve in malpractice in recruitment , purchase and other activities , without following the govt orders  and rules existing for those.
Asked 3 years ago in Criminal Law from Kolkata, West Bengal

You may file an FIR under the provisions of Prevention of Corruption Act. In order to tell you the other penal provisions applicable in the case, I need further Details.

You may Google the Prevention of Corruption Act and see as to which provisions are applicable. Specially see section 7 and 13 of the PC Act.

Nishant Bora
Advocate, Jodhpur
111 Answers
32 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
You have to collect relevant evidences by filing RTI with appropriate Public Information Officer(PIO). Thereafter, which you may file a PIL with the high court as per the guidelines set by SC and relevant rules of the high court. 

For filing PIL services of lawyer is not required. You may contest the case yourself.

Feroz A. Shaikh
Advocate, Mumbai
407 Answers
58 Consultations
4.4 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
Ask a Lawyer

Criminal Lawyers

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
17306 Answers
165 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
13544 Answers
291 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
19555 Answers
506 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
6864 Answers
78 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
3799 Answers
148 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
3146 Answers
47 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
969 Answers
69 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
2021 Answers
23 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Kiran N. Murthy
Advocate, Bangalore
822 Answers
58 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1357 Answers
96 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0