• Problem with landlord

For three generation we are residing in a wakf property building in Kolkata. We had being paying rent to the rent control sine last 25 years because the lessee refused to maintain the building.The lessee recently is planning to construct a new building by demolishing the old one. He had gone into agreement with all the tenants except us. We had been trying to negotiate with the lessee but he has been ignoring.My question is that can he overthrow us from giving us any position in the new building. How legally he can do the same. What are the ways to confront the situation.
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Kolkata, West Bengal
He cannot do that. Immediately file a case seeking permanent stay against any move by the lessee to throw you out. Once the court puts a stay on the construction he will have no option but to move back. For this you will need the assistance of a local lawyer.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23176 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer