• Government made an error in computerized 7/12 entry

Dear Sir / Madam,

My father resides in Mumbai, and owns a plot of land in Gujarat. Recently he decided to sell it since he is very unwell and unable to visit his property. But now we find that the 7/12 with the local land authorities in incorrect. My father had sold a portion of the land in the year 2001 and at that time the 7/12 was hand written. But since then the government has computerized all records and the computerized 7/12 does not mention the property sale in 2001. So rather than have a small amount of land in his name, the records show that he still has the whole plot of land. This is creating a problem since we are unable to see the remaining land until the records are set straight. The local authorities are asking for additional documentation like the original NA order (non-agricultural). We do not have this document anymore since the NA was processed in around 1984.

I find that I am just running from pillar to post when the government is actually at fault. They have made the error in computerization, and I am paying the price. Can you advise what is the best way for me to handle this?

I have entered by city below as Vapi since that is closest to the property in question.
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Vapi, Gujarat
Instead of making rounds of the government offices and attempting to convince the comatose babus you should file a case in the civil court for rectification of the error by certifying the extent of ownership subsequent to the sale made by your father in 2001.
A case can always be expedited with the efforts of your lawyer.