• Grandfather/mother (my father's parents) property

Hi, This is with regards to the house in our home town in Tamilnadu which my father had bought but in name of my Grandfather/mother (my Fathers parents) and approx 6-7yrs ago my grand parents had written a legal will stating me as the legal heir or owner of the house and also the document is registered. We had taken care of my grand parents and they had passed away couple of years ago. We had managed all their medical expenses etc.
My dad has a sister and she didnt contribute any expense etc towards her parents i.e. my grand parents, so i want to know whether she still has legal rights on the house which my grandparents have made me the legal owner.
I am still willing to give my aunty(dads sister) a token of good will, however her demands are exhorbitant, so kindly seek your advice where does she would stand legally and where do i stand.

Many thanks in advance

Warm Regards,

Saravanan
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
A will is capable of being interpreted by the court in more ways than one. The final interpretation assigned to a will by a court of law may be diametrically opposite to the views of the beneficiary. The rights of your aunt shall have to be determined with reference to the clauses mentioned in the will, which would require the will to be perused in a thread bare manner.
The statement ''I am writing the full in my full conscious" does not by itself create or extinguish any legal right in the property. Get the will vetted by a lawyer to know whether any claim by your aunt will survive in a court of law.