• My shops occupied by the tenant


My father rented a shop 25 years ago. The rent agreement is not renewed since then, also my dad seems to have misplaced the agreement. The tenant stopped paying the rent after 2005 and he closed the shop in 2011, but is not ready to vacate the shop. People say even if we file a case, we will lose because we do not have rent agreement and also the tenant by crook transferred electricity to his name.

Is there anything we can do? Are there any chances of us winning the case? Also, shouldn't rent agreement be renewed every year? Since the shop is close and he doesn't even pay rent, I should get the shop? Please help!
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
You may file a case for recovery of possession to get the shop vacated from the tenant. No lawyer can beforehand predict the outcome of a legal proceeding, albeit you do stand a good chance.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23475 Answers
654 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer