• Custody of a child from one state to another state

The woman has married in Delhi . Her native place is in Mumbai. Her husband was torturing her so she left Delhi with her son of eight years. Before leaving Delhi she filed complaint in Delhi police station . Later her husband has filed Guardian Petition in Delhi High Court. she cannot attend Delhi court and want to transfer the case from Delhi to Mumbai  as there is no one to accompany her and she has no money to travel that distance . Moreover, she has fear that her husband may attack her . What is the remedy before her ? Can she transfer the case from Delhi High court to Mumbai Court and which Court in Mumbai ? What should she do ?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
The remedy before her is to move the Supreme Court of India to seek the transfer of the case from Delhi to the family court in Mumbai i.e her native place. As such, she needs to file a case transfer plea in the Supreme Court.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
653 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer