• EC for an apartment under construction

I am intending to purchase an apartment in a building having 100 apartments which is still under construction. 90% of the construction is over.The builder has promised me that he will complete the work and hand over within 6 months.he has given the EC uptodate for the whole building and the land.
  If it is necessary to get the EC  before registration for the apartment which i am going to purchase how can i get it when it is not recorded in the sub registrar office?
Please answer my question .

Rao.Type your question here. Do not use ALL CAPS.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Encumbrance certificate is the certificate issued by the Registrar  pertaining to a particular piece of land about the transaction made during the period you apply for.

If there was sale, mortgage, settlement, Will, Gift or other deeds etc and the parties executed and beneficiaries, date of transaction, amount etc will be there for that period. 

since builder has given you the EC you can  after obtaining opinion from your lawyer purchase the property . obtain a certificate from your lawyer that title is clear and marketable . then take a call
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
50783 Answers
3020 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

At the time of selling your property or buying a new property you need to check the track of the property and verify the genuineness of your seller. Government registry enters all these details in the registrar of books. You can visit the concerned register office and file an application with a small fee. They will provide with up to date of the property details. This is called encumbrance certificate.Some offices are equipped with Online facilities also.
Dhawal Bhandari
Advocate, Chandigarh
15 Answers
3 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer