• Appeal to Karnataka High Court

Respected Sirs, I am Pltff (in Hubli, Karnataka)  in civil case against next property owner and 2 major sons, who encroached my land when I live in Madurai, about 9 years before I filed in civil court in Hubli. My case for title declaration and possession of my land. I have given 3 sale deeds of 24 years all with same measurements, and Defdts sale deed is for correct measurements before encroaching. Now in caseall evidence over, and now arguments. My advocate telling that defdts will appeal in High Court if I win case. Request your valuable advice on  1 Is Defdts appeal period in HC 90 days from Judgement in court date or from judgement and decree issuing date by court office to me.? 2 Is HC fee/duty for appeal by Defdt the same amount I paid to civil court, or is it on present market value of this land (9ft by 60ft).? When do I file caveat in HC.? after Judgement in court, or after Decree issued. Faithfully, Sadanand
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Hubli, Karnataka
The defendants will surely appeal to the HC just as you would if you lose it. So your lawyer is right. 

1. The time period to prefer appeal is 90 days from the date of judgment.
2. It may be different subject to the judgment of the trial court. As such, it can be answered only after reading the judgment.
3. File caveat on the very next day after the lower court pronounces its judgment.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer