• Ancestral property related

in tamilnadu our grand father has an ancestral house only he wrote it to one of his grand children for his maintenance in 2002. in 2010 grand father died. it was registered settlement.the others filled a suit for partition. is it correct?
my grand father has 2 sons and 2 daughters. he wrote it for one sons son (grand children)
has he got power to write the settlement. my aunts get married before 1990.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu
We cannot say whether it is correct or not. Those who have filed a suit for partition will have to prove their subsisting right in the property if they are to succeed in convincing the court to invalidate the will.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
24302 Answers
677 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer