• Retransfer of Settlement Right in Family Property Settlement Poss

i have settled one property through proper Settlement Deed to my Father in 2010 Now my father wants to retransfer the said property to me through proper Settlement Deed after retaing the life interest  whether ti is legally possible and whether any time limitation
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
after deed of family settlement has been  executed by you your father is absolute owner of said property . i presume said document is duly stamped and registered . 

he is free to execute  gift deed in your favour . no limitation period arises in such a case .
 if however ownership is retained by donor and possession is not handed over to donee  gift would be invalid .

 if at all your father wants to retain the property for his use he can make a will in your favour .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
49200 Answers
2934 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer