• Grandfather/mother (my Fathers parents) property

Hi, This is with regards to the house in our home town in Tamilnadu which my father had bought but in name of my Grandfather/mother (my Fathers parents) and approx 6-7yrs ago my grand parents had written a legal will stating me as the legal heir or owner of the house and also the document is registered. We had taken care of my grand parents and they had passed away couple of years ago. We had managed all their medical expenses etc.
My dad has a sister and she didnt contribute any expense etc towards her parents i.e. my grand parents, so i want to know whether she still has legal rights on the house which my grandparents have made me the legal owner.
I am still willing to give my aunty(dads sister) a token of good will, however her demands are exhorbitant, so kindly seek your advice where does she would stand legally and where do i stand.

Many thanks in advance

Warm Regards,

Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
apply for probate of will . court will issue legal notice to all legal heirs . once probate is granted you can transfer property in your name . you need not pay your aunt exorbitant sums demanded by her
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46891 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer