• Re-transfer of settlement right in family property settlement

My father and Mother settled one property at  Chennai  in India to me in 2010 through family settlement deed.  Now my parents want to re-transfer the said property to me through family settlement deed  after retaing the life interest. Is it possible legally?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
is the family settlement deed duly stamped and registered ? once property has been transferred to you then you become absolute owner of the property . your parents have no rights in property . they cannot retain nay life interest in the property
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
50931 Answers
3030 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer