• Landlord's legal resposibilities reg. maintenance and deposit?

I'm a tenant in Bangalore. In my rental agreement with the landlord, there are some gaps:
1. There is no mention of any maintenance. 
2. There is no mention of a specific time frame for the landlord to give back the deposit when I leave. It just says "at the time of tenant vacating"
3. It also does not mention that she has to give receipt for my monthly rental payments.

Is there any protection I can get from the law on these matters if the landlord creates problems? Assume she is not amenable to updated contract till current one expires.
As the landlord is not agreeing to revise the agreement, stick to the terms of the Agreement. Do not pay the maintenance and Refuse to pay rent in cash (pay through Cheque or NEFT) in case she refuses to give receipt.

If Landlord agrees to revise the agreement, get it reviewed an Advocate before signing it.
You should have got the agreement vetted by a lawyer before signing it. The substantive rights and duties of the landlord and the tenant flow from the agreement. The landlord might sue you for maintenance in which event you may contest her case fittingly. Do not sign the revised agreement without getting it vetted by your lawyer.