• Want to leave in laws and husband before the divorce

Hi. I want to leave my in-laws home and husband as they have made my life hell. I do want to make it all legal but if I ll file case before leaving home, they won't let me live in home and will beat me. Is there a way I can leave their home then file a divorce case and they couldn't file a police complaint against me?
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Delhi, Delhi
You have tonnes of remedies within the legal framework to remedy any physical or mental harassment which you are suffering or which you apprehend may be caused to you in future. You cannot be thrown out of the house by your husband even if you file a case for divorce. You may pursue your remedy and obtain a protection order from the court under Domestic Violence Act.

You are free to walk out of your matrimonial home at any time and then file for divorce. No missing person complaint will suffice.