• Can mother lodge a complaint against mutation

A registered gift deed made my mother to son in the year 2006.Can mother lodge a complain against mutation? The relation between mother and son is not good now.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Nabadwip, West Bengal
No she cannot. Any complaint lodged by her to resist mutation will not produce any result if the ownership rights have already transferred according to the law. Subject to the period of limitation, a very limited legal remedy available to the mother now is to file a case to get the gift deed cancelled.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer